My photo
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Monday, August 24, 2009

Lagoon...it's what fun is.

Indeed it is.

Kass and I took advantage of the "Bounceback" deal yesterday and had a super time!! The weather was perfect, it even POURED for like 5 minutes to cool everyone off. I'm sure everyone thought it was nice, however Kassi and I were already "cooled" off. She had the best idea (sort of said sarcastically) to go on the Cliffhanger (a ride that generally gets you a little wet) as our first ride. As it turns out, where we sat gets you the most wet. When we were done, there was not ONE piece of us that was not soaked. I actually had to ring out my hair. So awesome!


Here are our soaking wet tickets! Ew, and everyone got wet money from me hahaha, that is so gross!!

Next we decide to go ride on "Wicked," one of the newest rides. The greatest thing is because it was a Sunday, there were like NO lines!! It was so awesome! So anyway, we are standing in the small line for Wicked and there is a little boy in front of us. I'm guessing he was around 6 or so. He is standing there with his dad and you can tell he is about ready to crap his pants because he is scared. Except for he was trying to use reverse psychology on himself. He would say to his dad "Dad...this ride doesn't even go very fast. " and then as we started to get closer and closer to getting on the ride, he would change his comments to Dad, do you think it goes fast? Dad, how long until we are off of this ride? haha ... we probably would have enjoyed the ride a lot more if we'd actually paid attention to the ride but it was impossible sitting next to this kid. We both watched him the ENTIRE time, cracking up. It was so adorable. His little fists were tight and his eyes were closed even tighter. He was the cutest thing ever.

The no-line thing was so great! We got to ride every ride we wanted and had plenty of time. At the end, Kassi finally talked me into the sky coaster. For those of you who are unaware of what that is. Let me inform you of two things: 1) you never want to go on it. Don't let people talk to you into it, like they always do for me. and 2) It is a ride at Lagoon that you pay extra for. You can go with up to 3 people (it was just the two of us.) They wrap you up like a hotdog, with a fabric wrap. That's all. They do not attach anything for you to hold on to! You then are tied onto a bungee type thing and it pulls you 150 feet in the air. Yeah. 150 feet. Once you are at the top, they say 3, 2, 1, FLY and you pull a bungee cord, and off you go...free falling. It is so so so so so so scary, but it's the good kind of scary I guess.

It was a lot of fun!! :)



2 comments:

Alysha Mathews said...

Lol okay so that reminds me of when we were in Florida and we all went on Space Mountain and my dad was in front of us.. We couldn't pay attention to the ride at all because he kept yelling.. "Holy crap... holy crap.. shit..." Do you remember? I don't think I've ever laughed so freaking hard in my life! That was the best!

Jessica said...

hahaha oh my god. That was one of the greatest days of my entire life!! He was trying so hard to be quiet so we didn't hear him swearing but he could NOT hold it in!! Oh man, that was so funny!!

You might also like...

Custom Search