My photo
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It MUST be a "Man Thing"

Awhile back my Grandma and I were having a conversation. It began shortly after Grandpa walked in from work.

"AnnMarie, I brought home some soap from work. It's the good kind!!"

*Rolls eyes* "Tommy, we don't need the soap from your work, we have soap already. You always bring stuff home and we never use it!"

"Well, it's the good kind. It's what we use at work!"

Grandma then turns to me and informs me that Grandpa has brought various "good stuff" home from work. Including but not limited to towels, lotion, room spray, soap, gloves, and a hedge trimmer.

I laughed and we went on our merry little way.

About two months ago as I'm picking Travis up from work, he is carrying some boards.

"What are you doing with those?" I ask.

"I dunno. I'm sure we can use them for something. They were going to throw them away at work...so I figured I might as well grab them. They are good boards."

The boards have not been touched since.

A few weeks ago he gets in the car and says "OH man!! We gotta go back! I forgot something!"

"Uh..okay."

We go back to his work and he runs out and grabs a big white bag.

"What are you doing with that?"

"Well, I got them from work, they are nice sacks. We can definitely use these."

The bags have not been touched since.

Seeing a trend here?

If not, this coincidence should help.

Today I pick him up from work and as he gets in the car, I ask him what is in the bottle he is carrying.

"It's some really good soap! We use it at work."

After informing him that the bath and body soap that is currently in the bathroom will suffice and that we don't need extra heavy duty, "good" work soap...I realized that these little treasures coming home from Grandpa and Trav's work are going to keep on a comin. :)

Maybe one day they will turn into bath and body soaps and scentsy room spray?

Until that day, I will have to think of a place, a non-visable place, to store these treasures. Any ideas Grandma?




No comments:

You might also like...

Custom Search