My photo
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Thursday, September 3, 2009

I have the best job in the world.

If you don't already know...I work for Sorenson Communications. They are a company that provides relay (a way for someone who is Deaf of Hard of Hearing to communicate with someone who is Hearing.) for Deaf and Hard of Hearing people. I work in the Training department and don't get to take calls as much as the people who just take calls, but once in awhile we take calls. It sometimes is a challenge taking calls, after you have not done it for so long. But other times, it can be the most rewarding thing ever.

Like today.

I have been taking calls for the majority of the day and on the last call I took, at the end of the call, the Deaf User simply said "Thank you so much for asking if I'd like another call. I don't need to place one right now, but I want to thank YOU so much for what you do. I really appreciate it. A lot."

Then came the tears...

Again, it seems like something so simple, but it just kinda hits the heart ya know? We are getting paid to do a service for people who really need it. It is so awesome. I love my job!



No comments:

You might also like...

Custom Search