My photo
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Camping...two weekends in a row.

Camping two weeks in a row is the perfect start to any summer, imo.

Last year I had to ask someone what imo meant. (Rookie, I know.)

Oh well, the past is the past, and this year I'm rockin' it.

Sort of like how I "rocked" going camping one weekend, going out of town during the next week for work, and then going camping again the next weekend, which happened to be the day I got home from out of town.

Packing was pretty easy that month. :)

Anyways, here are some pictures from our camping trip like 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Turns out I like to post *lots* of pictures on the blog. Also, I'm pretty indecisive, so I have a hard time deciding which pictures should stay and go.





But I don't like to wait for them to individually load.





So, I throw them all together into a collage (Well, not really throw...sometimes I try to make the pictures look pretty, and put them in a collage with other pictures that "flow".





That way I only have to wait for a few pictures (of pictures) to upload.





I know it's taking the easy way out.





Don't judge.

1-- I've always wanted Trey to love the water. Kinda weird, I know. There's just something about a puppy swimming, playing in water, that I absolutely adore. This time when we went camping, I decided to trick him by throwing a rock into the river behind our tent and tell him to "Go get it!" (I knew he wouldn't want anything to do with the water if I just told him to "Go in") Being the disciplined doggie that he is, he ran right into the water. I know if he could speak English, he would have thanked me over and over. From that point on, we couldn't really get him *out* of the water. He really loved it! It also helped while we were packing things up, I'd throw a rock in and tell him to go get it and he'd spend a good 20 minutes in the river looking for the same exact rock that I threw :). I am almost as excited as I was the first time he lifted his leg to pee on a tree

2-- I'm trying to talk Trav into us getting a truck. In the meantime, Trey and I share the front seat. Um, not necessarily a favorite of either of ours. I suppose it's good "quality" time though. I took the first picture on the way up, and the second one on the way back. He was a tired little boy on the way home. I don't blame him though. Peeing and marking territory on every single tree within a mile radius has got to be rough. He lives a rough life I tell ya

3-- I adore these flowers, and love how they look against the black car that was passing them. I bet the people in the black car thought that I thought they (or their car) was awesome, but that's not the case. They can still think that though, I suppose.

We saw this blazer catch on fire on the way up the mountain. I didn't know that the name of the vehicle was a literal name. That's a super quick way to put a damper on things. (Note to self: Don't buy a blazer

4-- Camping was wonderful, as always! Someone was in *our spot* so we had to camp right next to it, which wasn't so bad...but we're thinking about putting a permanant sign by our spot that says "The Johnsons" or something. I hope that's not illegal. We did all of the usual things: Fished, Rafted, Canoed, Cooked, Hung out, Made someone fall out of a boat, Laughed, and had a great time! --Even the falling out of the boat (canoe) part. One thing that we tried that we'd never done before was cook "Hobo Dinners". These are probably the most amazing thing in the world! I highly suggest them..we are definitely going to add this little dinner to each of our camping trips from now on!!



4 comments:

Taylor Family said...

I realized I accidentally commented under the wrong post, so thats why you see "comment deleted by author" or whatever. So I'm re-commenting here...

I love the picture of Trey on the floor in front of you in the car. When Chris and I drove to Idaho one time, his brother and his brother's wife were in the back seat, so the only place for Rocco was on the floor in front of me. He actually ended up LOVING it because the AC would come out down there. Now, whenever I take him on a car ride and it's really hot, he climbs from his spot in the back seat to that same spot.

Taylor Family said...

Oh, by the way, I'm still not sure what we are gonna name the baby, but Chris is determined to have it be Trey. He's always saying, "how is baby Trey today?" and he even got our 2 year old niece to pat my belly and say (in her cute 2 year old accent) "baby tay."

It's funny, cause at first, every time he would say "Trey" I would think of your dog. Now after hearing him say it so many times, I think of the baby.

Not saying that's what we're gonna name him... but I thought it was kind of funny. :)

Courtney and Dan Archer said...

What are hobo dinners?? :)

Jessica said...

haha Heather, that's so cute!

And um, speaking of your belly...I don't think any of us have SEEN it yet!! (Hint, hint!) ;)

Courtney,

It's basically like pot roast, cooked in really, really, really hot coals. You can put whatever you want in them. In mine I had onions, carrots, steak bits, potatoes, spices, and some hot sauce :) Once you have everything you want, you wrap them up in a double layer of tin foil (shaped into a bowl like thingy) and let them cook in the coals. We let ours cook for about an hour, and it was sooo yummy!!!

You might also like...

Custom Search