My photo
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The job with no requirements necessary.


Today my lunch at Wendy's was 5 dollars and 61 cents.

After deciding that I didn't necessarily want or need 4 *more* pennies to add to my collection, I pull up to the window and say "Oh, I have a penny!"

The young girl at the window looked at me like I'd just informed here that I was there to rob the place. She was terrified. After a few seconds, she mumbles "Well, I already have it here. I already counted it out." (Looking to the register, trusting every cent it tells her to give back as my change.)

I gave her a few seconds to maybe process that 4 pennies plus the one I was going to give her would equal 5 pennies a.k.a. a nickel.

Didn't work.

"That's okay, I'll just give you this penny, then you can put all of the pennies back in the drawer, and give me a nickel."

(Insert long moments of silence here.)

"OH, okay, so...your change would be 30 cents then, right?"

Sigh. "Yes, that's fine. Thanks!"

WHAT ON EARTH WOULD THESE CHILDREN DO IF THE CASH REGISTERS WERE DOWN AND THEY HAD TO MANUALLY COUNT OUT CHANGE?!

That would be a scary, scary day.



2 comments:

kel said...

Dear Jessica (The girl who doesn't need a calculator),
Your change should have been 40cents.
Love your blondeness!
-kel

Jessica said...

Oh yes! I was clearly aware of that, but I figured the extra dime wasn't worth confusing her more, so I let it go haha..

You might also like...

Custom Search