My photo
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What kind of music do you like?

Does anyone struggle with this question as much as I do?! I never know what to say! I am soooo opinionated when it comes to music and I listen to it about 90 percent of my day, every day, yet I still have troubles answering this question!

"I love anything, except for Country" is usually my response.

Which is lame. I know.

Yesterday I decided to conduct a little experiment though, to see if I actually preferred one type of music more than others.

I put my iPod on shuffle and noted the first 20 artists where I actually listened to/enjoyed the song. Here they are, in order:

The Police
Cat Power
From First to Last
Academy is...
Eagles
The New Amsterdams
System of a Down
Busta Rhymes
Just Surrender
Queen
Usher
Poison
Pinback
Taking Back Sunday
Jewel
A Change of Pace
Disturbed
Korn
Led Zeppelin
Jaymay

Well, the only thing that really proves is my "I love everything, except for Country" statement is pretty accurate, as boring as it sounds...

Speaking of music...American Idol was pretty good last night. I'm starting to realize that this year, I "don't like" more contestants than I actually like where as usually, it's the exact opposite...My two favorites *killed* it! As usual...




Crystal Bowersox

and...




Andrew Garcia



Can't wait to see what they come up with next week! I'm really hoping these two go far! (Even if it's not through Idol) I'd definitely rock out to their albums!




No comments:

You might also like...

Custom Search